SHY PEOPLE CAN SELL AVON TOO!
Not ALL shy people are technically “SHY”. Some may be considered introverts rather than “SHY.” Introversion is a personality trait. It refers to how you energize. While extroverts energize by being with other people, and exchanging ideas, and talking to think, introverts energize in solitude, have rich inner worlds, and think before talking. On the other hand, if you are stuck at home watching Netflix and craving social interaction but paralyzed with the fear of introducing yourself to new people, you’re probably just shy. Can you be both? Absolutely! But, because introversion isn’t going anywhere, it’s best to tackle the shyness.
Here are 7 tips for success in building your Avon business (Even if you aren’t all that into getting out there and talking to people)
1) BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU ARE SELLING:
Avon products have been around for over 130 years and still going strong! People LOVE our products because of the quality and so should you. (Being an Avon Sales Rep and all). Sample some of the products yourself! Wear some of your favorite fragrances, or even some of the clothing line. When someone compliments you on your appearance or fragrance, this allows you to immediately bring up the fact that, “Hey thanks! This is AVON!”
2) BECOME AN EXPERT IN YOUR PRODUCT!
If at all possible, do as much research as you can on the product. Say, for example, AVON Skincare. Avon’s Skincare Training Clinics and Online Training Classes are a great tool to help you prepare for understanding what skin type is best with what skin cream, lotion, cleanser, etc. Google is a very powerful tool and if you have the Internet at your disposal, then USE it! If you are unsure of a product, the best way is to research it!
3) UNDERSTANDING YOUR AVON CUSTOMER!
Understanding your customer requires analysis and problem-solving. Here are two questions to help you decipher who your customer is
- Who is my customer? (Age, demographic, gender)
- What type of products serve my customer’s needs? (Do they usually purchase skincare, makeup, bath&body products?)
It’s important to narrow down who your target customer is, so that you can one-on-one relationship with that person. It becomes a more specific conversation, instead of seeing what sticks, and that’s crucial for the introvert personality.
4) PRACTICE YOUR SALES PITCH!
5) LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER!
6) BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR CUSTOMER!
7) BE AN AVON EVANGELIST!
You’re not selling. You’re offering useful advice.
Because you’ve listened to and studied the customer, you know their needs. You’ve built a relationship so that the customer can trust you when it comes time to make a purchase. Close the deal! Let the customer do the talking in the end. Avon has something for everyone, and chances are, your particular customer knows his/her needs thanks to you!
Sign up to Start Selling Avon Online
- Go to www.startavon.com
- Enter reference code: CAROLINE089
- You will then be assigned an account number and have access to your new online Avon Representative account!
Shop the Current Avon Catalog Online
Once you are finished browsing the online Avon catalogs, you can quickly place your order by shopping by product # on my website. Remember you can only order out of the current Avon campaign and 2 campaigns prior.
- Go to http://caroline089.avonrepresentative.com
- Click on Quick item entry in the box at the top right of the screen (on your PC).
- You can then add all of your items by entering each product number and checkout quickly.