Selling Avon vs. Mary Kay®
Selling Avon vs. Mary Kay®
While I may not be able to tell you much about being a Mary Kay® Rep, I can tell you almost everything about being an Avon Representative. What I would suggest to you if you are researching both companies is to do your research. Ask questions to leaders from both companies and find out which company suits you better.
Here are some examples of questions you might want to ask:
- How much does it cost to start?
- Avon – $15 for the basic starter kit
- How much money can you make?
- Avon – 20 – 50% commission on face-to-face orders and 20% commission on online orders
- How long does it take to become successful?
- Avon – It all depends on how much time and effort you put into your business. If you decide to build your sales and leadership business, your chances of becoming successful are greater than someone who only pursues one area of the business.
- What are the different methods you can use to sell and recruit?
- Avon – face-to-face, door-to-door, sell to office environments, fundraisers, craft shows, vendor shows, home parties, online through blogging, social media, and other online outlets
- Why do you like your company? Why should I join your team?
- Avon – Avon is a well-known and respected brand. We have great products and our company stands for more than just beauty. Avon empowers women, fights for causes, and inspires people to be the best they can be through the Avon opportunity. Join my team because I am already a successful Avon Sales Representative. I can teach you how to sell, recruit, and build a big business on your own terms.
- What other types of rewards can I expect besides money?
- Avon – Avon has many opportunities to earn free products, samples, trips, and gifts such as electronics, technology, home goods, etc. At Avon, you are recognized and appreciated.
- Can I sell and recruit online?
- Avon – Yes you can sell and recruit online. With your free personalized eStore, you can sell products to customers across the entire USA. With the online appointment process, you can build a team of successful Avon Representatives representing every single state. You can use online outlets like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and more to sell, market your Avon business, and recruit new team members.
- Which methods of selling and recruiting are allowed? Not allowed?
- Avon – You can be creative when you sell Avon. What’s important is to find your niche. Once you find which area you are most successful at within the business, you can become an expert and show others how to do the same. Once you become an Avon Representative, you will have access to the Advertising Rules & Guidelines to know exactly what is and isn’t allowed.
Start Selling Avon Online
- Go to www.startavon.com
- Enter reference code: CAROLINE089
- You will then be assigned an account number and have access to your new online Avon Representative account!
View 2015 Avon Brochures Online