Pros and Cons of Selling Avon
As you search and research for information about selling Avon, I encourage you to think about why you are looking for an alternative to taking on a traditional job. What are your needs and ambitions? Below is a list of positive benefits of selling Avon, and a few negatives as well.
Pros to selling Avon:
Working Moms & Dads – Avon doesn’t need to take time away from your family.
Stay At Home Moms and Dads
- Mental stimulation – We love our little ones, but adult interaction is vital to our mental and emotional well being.
- A reason to clean up and put some makeup on.
- When people ask “Do you work?” you can say “Yes. I’m an Avon Rep. “Would you like an Avon book?”
Cons to selling Avon:
- Slow startup. It takes time to build a customer base, Sooo…
- in the beginning, you don’t make much money.
- It is selling. You will have to approach people.
- On occasion, a customer will be unhappy about a product or something you’ve said or done.
- There will be moments when you feel discouraged. (It will pass.)
- Some people will not consider your business to be work.
- Since no boss will be demanding performance, you will have to motivate yourself to work.
- Sometimes it may seem like you’re always working.
- Some family or friends may not be supportive – may not share your enthusiasm.
My 2 cents:
The biggest con to selling Avon is the slow startup. Avon is not a get rich quick plan. It takes work, determination, and time to find and develop repeat customers; but, the opportunity is real. One can develop a strong business. Clearly, I am biased toward the pros. The truth of the matter is that I am enjoying my experience as an Avon Representative, and I hope you will enjoy selling Avon too.