1) Go to local businesses and ask if you can leave a few books behind. These could be places like nail salons, hair salons, doctors offices, I have even left mine at the UPS store. Anywhere that has a waiting area is a good place to leave a book!
2) Scout out other places! You may want to consider stopping into gas stations, maybe even leave one with the hotel clerks or cashiers at grocery stores. Just say something like, “I love how great you are with customers and I wanted to leave this here with you.” I haven’t hardly ever had anyone say no….BUT if you do get that dreaded “N” word…move on! Don’t take NO personally….if you rely on NO then all you are doing is setting yourself up for failure. Don’t think, “Oh that lady said No, this one may too…I don’t think I will leave one with her, she might get mad..” DON’T OVER THINK IT! YOU are your worst enemy! Get past yourself and your fears and you will be able to make it in this business!
3) Tailgating!!! During decent weather times, sometimes tailgating is a good way to get out there and work your business. You can set up a table in preferrably an empty lot somewhere, maybe leave a few books out, and bring someone with you! Go out with your team members or fellow representatives and build your business together! It is a whole lot more fun and a great way to interact with people. It has helped me get over my “shyness” of talking to others. Remember…practice makes PERFECT!
4) Tossing!! What’s that? Its where you take your brochures, preferrably your old ones you haven’t used, bag them up in a clear literature bag, and then toss them in driveways in neighborhoods. Never put a brochure in the mailbox as that is a federal offense, but if you put them in the driveway it is kind of like tossing a newspaper. Usually I put a tag on mine that says: “SAMPLE BROCHURE< CALL OR TEXT FOR CURRENT PRICING OR SHOP ONLINE AT http://www.youravon.com/caroline089" Don't let the "NO SOLICITING" thing scare you. If someone calls you up and complain, offer an apology, tell them you will no longer toss in the neighborhood. Some people can be that way sometimes….but remember, you are just working your business. Don't let nasty mean people get the better of you! You are in this to succeed!
5) Events! Events are a fantastic way to work your business. What I have done is partnered with local reps and we all pitched in to put up a table. We would talk about the Avon opportunity as well as sell some of our inventory (Which isn’t required to have by the way). We had a decent turnaround and I had gotten a lot of leads and even 2 sign ups! So if you are ever deciding to do an event, talk with other reps or your team and see if you all can pitch in for a table or to work together to build your business. Make it fun! Have raffle drawings or a spinning wheel where people can win prizes. Don’t forget to have them fill out a contact sheet with their information so you can follow up with them later!!
6) Market your business online! Tell all of your friends, family, co workers, neighbors, that you are an Avon representative on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest! Don’t consistently market every hour on the hour, but maybe post something once a day that is engaging and fun for people. Show them the upcoming products, ask what their favorite products are, maybe advertise the opportunity with “Who wants some extra Christmas cash??” Whatever you decide make it yours and then build it up! Facebook groups help a lot too!
7) Blog, Blog Blog!! Believe it or not, people do read those….like you are now! And when you blog its like you are offering facts and opinions for people to make their own personal insight on. Blogging allows you to discuss your Avon business to its full potential!
8) Offer a free gift or a discount for referrals! When you go to deliver your orders, leave them with a small gift (Like a 0.99 hand cream or body lotion) or a 10-15% discount for every customer they refer to you who places XXX amount of orders. I have done that before and it has worked out to where a lady I knew referred her sister, aunt, and grandmother to me!
10) WEAR SOMETHING THAT SAYS AVON! Be a walking billboard and advertise your business! Wear a tshirt that says Avon, or an Avon pin! Carry a tote bag or purse that says Avon on it or “Ask me for an Avon brochure!” People can’t approach you if you aren’t displaying your business!
11) HAVE FUN!!! Most importantly, when you are out prospecting customers, have fun with it!
Smile, have a conversation! It shows that you are truely passionate about Avon and also about your customers. They want to be treated special, and since you are the Avon lady, they have come to the right person!